Outsider

Outsider

Artist Yay >_>

Today, I went to see a faculty show. Unfortunately, none of the pictures really connected to me. The one to come closest was a photograph done by Anthony Marchetti, of a single chair in an otherwise empty room. I myself have a fascination with broken things. There's just something about something that was once whole that fascinates me. In this photo, nothing was physically broken, but there was a dissonance in the room as a whole. It wasn't empty, nor was it home. It was simply a room with a chair in it- it seemed as though its very purpose was broken. So, yeah, that's how things work in my head.

If I were asked to help promote this piece, I'd probably do so very, very simply. Work to get the work in a gallery, preferably with similar work, and use a basic script such as Helvetica, or, preferably, something similar to Trebuchet, considering my belief that the Helvetica script is an overused easy pass in design. Also, because the title is rather nondescript, I would probably use the picture itself to market it.

No comments:

Post a Comment