Outsider

Outsider

Carven


These are two posters that I made for a (for now) nonexistent movie. Obviously, one thing that I did to make these visually striking was to put them in black and white, except for a few spots of color. On the first version, that spot is entirely bright red, and is composed of the likely unique "carven" heart that I'm using as a symbol for the entire story. Keeping it company is a brief, understandable quote that gives a bit of insight into the movie's plot. Below, I have the title, which the eye is drawn to by its font and sheer size, as well as a brief attribution to the author (hi) and a mass of nanotext at the very bottom. 

The second version is similar, except that the heart is smaller, darker, and appears (I hope) to be blood on my beautiful model's chest- a friend of mine took the picture as a favor to me. She becomes less visually striking and the blood moreso because I made her picture grayscaled, while the heart remains in color. In addition, with all of the activity on the top part of the poster, the bottom half became less important and less impressive. This is why I changed the color of the title to the same blood red as the heart, as well as made it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment